Experienced Head Start, State Preschool, School District & Non-Profit Leader
As a career educator and lover of learning, I often say that the best job ever was teaching Kindergarten! Little did I know that those years would have such a lasting impact on my life! No matter how you look at it, no matter what I am doing, at the core of it all I am a teacher. I truly believe that I was born to help others grow and reach their full potential. This calling is exactly what I strive to fulfill each and every day.
Dr. Keena R. Mosley
Transformational Leadership Coach | Consultant | Speaker
How I got here...
In 1991, I began my career as an educator. Starting with working in the afternoon at local preschools and then moving to teaching Kindergarten for six years. After leaving Kindergarten, I moved into multiple leadership roles affording me the opportunity to work with early childhood programs throughout the United States.
My experience includes managing multi-million-dollar programs with over 250 employees, working in higher education and navigating a variety of funding sources. No matter what my role, I am always focused on growth, effectiveness, solving problems and support for leaders. I take great pride in being a problem solver and solving problems is something that comes easily for me.
In 2019, Momentum Leadership Group was launched to provide leadership development and organizational improvement solutions to (primarily) the early childhood community, social services, and non-profit organizations.
- Birth to 5 ECE Program Deputy Director/COO - 16 locations; $100 million budget; Over 250 employees
- College-Level Instructor & University Fieldwork Supervisor
- Los Angeles County Head Start Program Monitor & Team Leader
- School Readiness Program Administrator - $2.6 million budget; 5 locations
- Teach for America Facilitator
- Certified Life Coach
- Ed.D. in Educational Leadership & Early Childhood Education
- M.A. in Organizational Leadership
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education
Recognitions & Affiliations
Association for Talent Development
California Child Development Professional Growth Advisor
California Community College Early Childhood Educators Member
Multiple Community College Early Childhood Advisory Committees
Multiple Early Childhood Conference Planning Advisory Committees
National Assoc. for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
Society of Human Resource Management
Teacher of the Year
- Everything DiSC® Authorized Partner
- The Five Behaviors® Authorized Partner
Certifications & Training
California Administrative Services Credential
California Child Development Program Director Permit
Univ. of South Florida - Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace Certificate
- Everything DiSC® Certified Trainer
- The Five Behaviors® Certified Trainer